Friday, March 1, 2024

How Would You Respond 😱

It’s done, the sentence has been passed, Death by Crucifixion! Mark 15:16 (KJV) And the soldiers led him away into the hall, called Praetorium; and they call together the whole band. These next few verses are awful, they are hard to read. How could this be happening? Why did they take Jesus to this place?  

Mark 15:17 (KJV) And they clothed him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about his head,

Mark 15:18 (KJV)  And began to salute him, Hail, King of the Jews!

Mark 15:19 (KJV)  And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him.

Why? To make fun of Him. Then they got ruff and began to hit Him on the head and if that wasn’t disgraceful enough they spit on Him. Oh my, use your imagination, picture those scenes in your mind. Ask yourself would I have done any of those things had I been there that day? I don’t know, how are you treating Jesus today? With great respect, kind words  or when speaking of Him you use His name loosely? Jesus is no one to make fun of or speak His name with disrespect. He’s the same today as He was when walking upon this earth. What is that, you may ask? He cares about you and wants the best for you. Maybe the only time you call upon Him is when things aren’t going the way you think they should. Jesus healed, helped and delivered people and He still is today. Starting today if you aren’t already doing so, build a real relationship with Christ Jesus. Read your Bible. I suggest, read the book of John and when you finish reading the book of John read it again and again until God speaks to your heart. You will never build a relationship with anyone if you don’t know their voice. John 10:27 (KJV) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: That could be your problem, you are trying to read the Bible like you would read a novel, they aren’t the same. Do like I suggested and I assure you God will speak to you as He has to many others. Don’t use the excuse I can’t understand the Bible, I have tried reading it in the past. Of course you can’t but don’t give up because there’s nothing like persistence. I have been studying Spanish for a while and I didn’t think I was learning anything. One day while sitting at a red light  close to Atlanta I looked out the window. What I saw thrilled my heart. There was a sign written in Spanish and without thinking I read it and understood what it was saying. Keep reading the Gospel of John and one day God will speak. Keep reading then one day you’ll hear God speak. It will thrill your heart. Don’t quit, don’t give up for it will come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment