Wednesday, August 5, 2026

🧧The Gift 🎁

A gift wrapped differently than expected.


Have you ever wanted to give to a person who has given you something? There is a word for that “RECIPROCATE” It means to make a return, as for something given. Someone gives you; let’s say an unexpected gift. Most people would like to give something back. It is used in business to build relationships with their customers. We ourselves may give a little something to another on their Birthday or at Christmas. Then we may feel as if we should give something in return. Here in Psalms 29 we see something similar. In verses 1&2 

Psalms 29:1 (KJV) Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.

Psalms 29:2 (KJV) Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

Many have said they don’t go to Church because all they ever talk about is money. I wouldn’t go to a church like that either. I have been to a lot of Churches and I have never been to one like that. I will say I want to give to the Lord more than just my money and the Lord wants more than that. Notice what is being said “Give unto the LORD” well I got interested in that phrase, you know how many times that phrase is mentioned in the Bible? Now the KJV has 31,102 verses, now that’s a bunch of verses. There are 23,145 verses in the Old Testament and 7,957 verses in the New Testament. Out of all those verses the phrase “Give unto the LORD” is only mentioned 12 times. Now I do give to the Lord my Time, my Talent and my treasures. Why? Because He has given to me way more than I deserve. In verse we recognize where our might and our strength come from. In verse 2 we are to give glory due to His Name and we are to Worship the Lord in the Beauty of holiness. You see I never considered giving unto the Lord until I knew who the Lord Jesus was and what He had already done for me. That is when I want to reciprocate. I’m not trying to repay, for there is no way I could ever do that for God’s Gift is way too costly to even try. You know what? Our Heavenly Father doesn’t want us to do that nor ever try, Why? The same reason your loved one gives to you, they just love you and a gift is an expression of their love. What a gift our Lord has given to us. Ephesians 2:8 (KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

No greater gift can be given than that of eternal life. It’s no different than any other gift, in order for it to become yours, you must receive it.


No comments:

Post a Comment