Wednesday, August 26, 2026

🪎Treasures🌈

The biggest treasures in life are the people that surround us. Our friends and family are the gems that fill life’s treasure chest.


When I was a kid I always heard that there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Now being a kid and hearing adults talk about a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow; well it must be true. Well one day after a short rain and the sun wasn’t behind any dark clouds. I saw my opportunity for just about a 100 yards in front of me there was a rainbow which looked like the end. My heart filled with?? I don’t know, maybe greed? Anyways I took off to my pot of gold, hoping to be the first there. All looked good for it looked like I would be the first because there was no one in the race to get that pot of gold but me. How wonderful! My mom and dad would be so proud of me when I walked through the front door with a pot of gold. As I ran I noticed that instead of the end of that rainbow getting closer it was getting further away. So I ran faster and no matter how fast I ran the end kept getting further and further away. I soon stopped and went home and found out that there was no pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I also discovered about chasing what you cannot have, because the rainbow is always just one step further.   

I laugh now but I did learn my lesson. Oh it wasn’t rainbows I was chasing it was something else but it was like chasing that rainbow. Because the more I pursued after it. The more I chased it the further it kept getting ahead and I never got close enough to touch it. This time I wasn’t wise enough to stop and the cost was great in the loss I suffered. Reminds me of the farmer in Luke chapter 12. He saw an opportunity and like me he pursued it only to find out that it was only an unreachable dream of happiness. 

Luke 12:18 (KJV) And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

Luke 12:19 (KJV) And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

What this farmer didn’t know was how close he was to eternity and neither do we. The Lord only gives us one day at a time. Why can’t we learn to enjoy the day we have? Too many times we spend too much time planning for the future we may never have. Oh I’m not saying don’t plan at all for the future that would not be wise. We must never forget that the future may never be ours to have.  Never let tomorrow be more important than today. Why? Because tomorrow never comes.   

James 4:13 (KJV) Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

James 4:14 (KJV) Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.            

James 4:15 (KJV)  For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

Plan yes but live today for that’s all we have; today!


No comments:

Post a Comment