Friday, August 14, 2026

⏰Time Travel 📆

In the process of time it came to pass.


I have enjoyed watching movies about time travel. I remember the movie Back to the future starring Michael J Fox as Marty McFly. This movie came out in 1985. This movie starts off in the year 1985 and Marty McFly goes back 30 years in time to 1955. Maybe I enjoyed it so much because I could relate to the year 1955. This is what I think, if I were able to go back 30 years in time I’m not sure I would want to rush back. I could fix a bunch of mistakes I have made in the last 30 years. Oh but I am sure I would make more mistakes. Have you ever said “If I could do that again I would do it differently.” Well the truth is life has no reverse but it does have a rear view mirror. It’s hard to forget some of the things we have been a part of in the past, good or bad. It’s for sure we can’t fix the mistakes of the past but the good thing about the past is that the rear view mirror is not as big as the windshield of the future. I don’t know about you but the past does have its flash backs and they come unwanted and unexpected. I’ll share just one. After being discharged from the military and put back into the culture of that day I moved on with life the best I knew how. I thought I was doing ok but I soon realized I had a problem with the rock music. When I would hear a song it would rush my mind backwards to a time and place and things that I have done. I overcame it by leaving where I was and that worked ok but the damage was done. My mind was refreshed of things I couldn’t forget. Then there was this night our family was on vacation. We were at this place and I noticed the crowd was getting bigger and bigger. Before long it was almost elbow room. Then it happened on loud speakers all above, music from the past began to play. I could not get away. I was trapped and I had no recourse. No one with me knew what I was experiencing because  I had not shared this problem with anyone at the time. Song after song memory after memory flooding my mind it was an awful experience to say the least. Call it PTSD put any type of name you like but it doesn’t change the reality of it. How did I overcome it? I myself couldn’t but the Lord in all his wisdom could. I had to change the way I was thinking. The Bible is a wonderful book and God showed me two things to hide in my heart. Philippians 2:5 (KJV) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Where did I find the mind of Christ? Where else, in the Bible. Romans 12:2 (KJV) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I could not fix what was broken but God could and did. I still don’t like the music of those days but with God help I have put them behind me. Someone may say I wish it was that easy. I didn’t say it was easy; to renew is to repair that which is broken to a good state. If something is to be repaired someone must know how. If the water line from the street is leaking. It must be dug up and that takes work. After it has been dug up and the leak found, that does not fix the leak. No, at that point someone must know what to do to stop the leak. Now the water has stopped and the leak fixed. The pipe is now placed back in the ground and covered up with dirt. It has been repaired or renewed. Now below the ground the water is running like before; but if you could see the pipe you would see the patch or fix that has been done. This is a crude illustration of what our Heavenly Father has done. We have it writing that our Heavenly Father refuses to remember; not that He couldn’t but that He chooses not to. Psalms 103:12 (KJV) As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Hebrews 8:12 (KJV) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

There is much more I could say but like my Heavenly Father I choose not to remember. 


No comments:

Post a Comment