Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Being Rich


You want to be rich. Perhaps you plan to be very wealthy some day. At the very least, being wealthy gets you: financial freedom, Holidays anywhere, a great home, funding your pastimes and passions, Good suits, great health care, gold teeth, feel free to substitute your own desires. Personally, how about an island? Having a lot of money has its drawbacks, especially if you get rich overnight. Money doesn’t make you happy for even Rich people get depressed, just like the middle classes. True, there’s no evidence that money actually makes you unhappy but it could distract you from fixing your real problems. Money can’t buy the love of your friends and family. I’m not telling you anything that you don’t already know but I want you to see the result of being rich and being very poor in hopes that you can really see the importance of what real wealth really is. We will pick up in Luke chapter 16 where we meet Mr. Rich and Mr. Poor;
Luke 16:19  There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luke 16:20  And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
In these two verses I noticed that Mr. Rich has no name and he has no desire or wants in this world, neither. Then Mr. Poor on the other hand is given a name “Lazarus” we also find that Mr. Poor or Lazarus has some health issues he was full of sores. Now after reading just those two verses I tell you which one I would rather be and that is Mr. Rich guy. But as we get further into this I see something else that would cause me to change my mind.
Luke 16:22  And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; Now we began to see something else that enters the picture they both die. Mr. Rich is buried but Mr. Poor or Lazarus is carried by angels; wait a minute can I change my mind here on which one I had rather have been? I choose Mr. Poor guy. Something happens to Mr. Rich that his money can’t fix?
Luke 16:23  And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. Now things are different Mr. Rich is in the torments of hell and Mr. Poor is in Abraham’s bosom; sounds to me like Mr. Poor is far better off. The tables are kind of reversed. You may consider yourself poor in this life but my friend your wealth comes later and for much longer. Mr. Rich, wealthy indeed but decided not   the way of Christ, but Lazarus jumped on the opportunity and now he is so glad he did. If you have Jesus then you are in good shape and if you don’t my prayer is that you will invite Him into your heart today. It is simple just ask Him to forgive you of your sin and accept Him as your Savior and He will do the rest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment