Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ghost


Halloween is now over, the so called haunted houses have all closed up shop for the year and all the ghost and goblins are gone for another year. But wait there is the stories of ghost that have been seen and then there’s that TV show that goes to different places and find ghost activity. Well I don’t know all about that but to tell you the truth I just don’t believe that there are any ghost to start with although I do believe in ghosts. That sounds like a misnomer, I know but I am not talking about ghost that are in some abandoned house but the ghost of the past. They're the memories and the regrets of the things that we wish we hadn't done. The guilt, the shame we feel because of the people we've hurt, the damage we've done, the dark things we've done. But may we not forget that Christ came into this world to save sinners.
1Timothy 1:15  This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.  Who is a sinners you may ask, well let the Bible tell us
Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; For “ALL” have sinned that’s simple, all have sinned and with that one word all includes everyone of us. John Newton wrote a hymn most everyone knows it’s called “Amazing Grace” and has become one of the most recognizable songs on the world. “Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I'm found; was blind but now I see." John that old slave trader remembered two things #1- that he was a great sinner and #2-that Christ is a great Savior. When the ghost of our past began to haunt us remember that if we know Christ as our personal savior that we were once were lost and because we were, we all were guilty of doing the dark things, regretful things, shameful things, hurtful things and damaging things. But because of God’s Amazing Grace a person as wretched as I can be forgiven because of the great God that came looking for me and found me; He was there all the time but I was blind to His presents. Just as John was as he wrote these words.
Revelation 5:2  And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Revelation 5:3  And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Revelation 5:4  And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Revelation 5:5  And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Revelation 5:6  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain,
Isn’t that just like Jesus He was there all the time and reveled Himself just in time.  When the ghost of our past try to make themselves known remember these words Forgiven, Forgiven, Forgiven!!!!
Psalms 130:3  If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
Psalms 130:4  But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
We deserve the eternal death penalty the Bible says that sin carries. But God loved us so much that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to give His life in exchange for yours; to do the dying for all the sinning you've ever done. And the Bible says, "Everyone who believes in (Jesus) receives forgiveness of sins through His name." That's my hope; that's your hope of being delivered from the ghosts of your past.  Realizing we're great sinners, and realizing that Christ is a great Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment