Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lamp, Law, Light and Life


 As I was reading in my Bible in the book of Proverbs something caught my eye; I think because of the alliteration.
Proverbs 6:23  For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:  Do you see those L’s? Lamp, Law, Light and Life; then I read that verse over and over and here is what the Lord showed me.
For the commandment {A command; a mandate; an order or injunction given by authority; charge; precept.}  Is a lamp { A vessel for containing oil to be burned by means of a wick; or a light, a burning wick inserted in a vessel of oil.and the law {A rule, particularly an established or permanent rule, prescribed by the supreme power of a state to its subjects, for regulating their actions, particularly their social actions.} is light {That ethereal agent or matter which makes objects perceptible to the sense of seeing,and reproofs of instruction {Precepts conveying knowledge.are the way of life {in man, that state of being in which the soul and body are united.} Here is what I wrote to help me understand that verse. For the mandate or order from God is a vessel being burned by the established permanent rule prescribed by God with the agent of His Holy Word which gives the precepts that convey knowledge which gives life in man by which the soul, body and spirit of man are united.
God's word is a lamp which gives light to His law and that light becomes a path that I should take daily. God’s Word is amazing if we will take the time to understand God will reveal or open it up to each of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment