Monday, November 7, 2011

Make a Difference


 Can “you” make a difference? The race of life is different from any race we will ever be in. Why? Because we never know where the finish line is until we are crossing it.  I have no idea when or where my race will come to an end. I do know this; I am closer to the finish line than I have ever been. Can one person make a difference? Can one Teacher, Preacher, Dad or Mom make a difference? Can you say I have made a difference in someone else’s life? Whether we think we have or not we have; that difference can be a good one or a bad one, but we have all made a difference in someone’s life.  We can make a difference at any age. In John 6 we read of a young boy who made a difference.  If you take the time to read that chapter you will find that there is a young man that had came to hear Jesus. This young man came prepared; he brought a lunch that his mother had prepared for him. Little did that young man know that on that day he would have the opportunity to make a difference in over 5000 people’s lives? Wait a minute that was then what about now? I would say that young man has made a difference in who knows how many lives; he made a difference in mine what about yours? Here we see this young man willing to give up what little he had to the Lord Jesus who in return made much of it and is still making much of it. I’m afraid that too many times we get all confused and miss making a real difference. What do I mean by getting confused you may ask? We live in a day when we can never earn enough to make us happy. Women seem to think that they are never beautiful enough. The gadgets we have are never modern enough. Our houses are never furnished enough. Our relationships are never romantic enough. It seems that our life is never full enough. Are we really content?
1Timothy 6:8  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
Hebrews 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Making a difference; can you think of someone who has made a real difference in your life? There was a man I once knew who had a wife and three children. They didn’t have much money; they drove a station wagon that was more than 10 years old at the time. They were content with what they had; but something happened and I’m not sure what. All of a sudden he wanted more, in other words he became discontent with what he had. He decided he needed a newer car then he became unhappy with his wife and decided to have an affair which caused his marriage to fall apart. The affair wasn’t enough so he had another one and then another one. Then he found himself all alone and I wondered what happened to the happy content man that use to ride around with a smile on his face. He made a difference in my life. You may say what? I learned from him that things don’t make you happy and neither do other women. You see there will never be another woman on the face of this earth that will love me like my wife; so why would I not be content with what we have together? This week think about the happiest people you know and then try to find out what makes them so happy. Let those people make a difference in your life or you might be that happy person that makes a difference in someone’s life.  Have a great week and be content with what you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment