Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I.D.


Desmond Lamont Bishop is an American football linebacker for the Green Bay Packers. He was drafted by the Packers in the sixth round of the 2007 NFL Draft. The year he was a linebacker for the Super Bowl champion he missed what could have been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go to the White House and meet the President of the United States! His team did meet the President but Desmond took a nap on the team bus. Why? All because he inadvertently left his I.D. on the plane, and the Secret Service wasn't about to make any exceptions on letting someone close to the President. No I.D., no White House, no President. I guess our I.D. is more important than we think for our I.D. tells who we really are.
Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Matthew 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Matthew 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Do you see the problem? No I.D. Desmond had an I.D. but he forgot it and therefore no President, his team mates got to see the President and the reason why, they had an I.D. One day we’ll take our last breath on this earth and knowing Jesus is important but Jesus knowing you, is far more important. Who does your I.D. say you are?
Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Does your fruit line up with who you say you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment