Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Me


Me; Webster says it means “the objective case of I, answering to the oblique cases of ego, in Latin. [L. mihi.] Follow me; give to me; go with me. “The term me refers to I or self; me can become selfish when everything isn’t all about me. In the case of the prodigal son; the younger brother has returned home. Yes, he has lived a life of disgrace, blew all his money on wasteful living and who knows what all he has done. His father is so glad to see him. He thought that he must have been dead.  He kills the fatted calf, places shoes on his feet and a ring on his finger. This father is happy, so happy that he shows it. Then comes the older brother to the house and as he nears he hears music, dancing and people rejoicing. There’s his dad with a smile ear to ear. Then the older brother says “What is going on here?” Haven’t you heard your brother has returned and your Dad is excited for he thought he was dead but he is alive?
Luke 15:27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
Luke 15:28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
Luke 15:29  And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
When this older brother sees and hears what’s going on he refuses to take part in the festivity, and he began to feel sorry for himself. When his father comes out to talk with him he tells him about the many years that he has been a faithful son in his service and that he has never done what his younger brother had done. Then he tells his Dad that he had never once given him a party like this with his friends.  Oh my, the poor oh me is shining forth big time; Dad you just don’t love me do you, must have been running around in his me mind.  We are to rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep. I must have read this account so fast that I missed where the older brother was weeping over the wrong choice that his brother had made. Oh no; the selfish me’s don’t weep over others they just weep over themselves. We are not to be “Me” people.
John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
It’s not about ME it’s about others and it is all about HIM (Jesus) and when we get hung up on me we lose touch with what’s important. Here you come, you good faithful servant; what’s this music and dancing over another that has just gotten that promotion now how do you feel? 

No comments:

Post a Comment