Monday, September 17, 2012

Prepare


Proverbs 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, [is] from the LORD.
As I read that verse the word "preparations" and the word "heart" caught my eye. Webster says the word "preparation" means The act or operation of preparing or fitting for a particular purpose, use, service or condition; The state of being prepared or in readiness;
Then the word "heart" now I wouldn't think that the meaning of that word would be this meaning "A muscular viscus, which is the primary organ of the blood's motion in an animal body,"
I don't know about you but I can't ever remember getting up and preparing my primary organ for the blood flow for the day. I think the word heart in this verse means feelings, intellect and the center. We can prepare our heart for defense when the attacks come, for they will come you can rest assure. We prepare for a lot of things, in a few months   we well prepare for a Thanksgiving meal. Many are already preparing for Christmas day. We prepare to go to work, go on a weekend trip, vacation, a cruise, we prepare for the day we will retire and on and on we go preparing for who knows what. Joseph had a prepare heart on a day that was going to change his life forever no matter what he did.
Genesis 39:7 And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
Genesis 39:8 But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what [is] with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
Genesis 39:9 [There is] none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou [art] his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
Joseph, even when he had the opportunity to do wrong he didn't, because he had prepared his heart to do right before God. The day Joseph made the choice to do right he went to prison for doing right. At first though one may think wow what a way to be awarded for doing the right thing. God used prison to get him to a greater place in his life. So it is in our own lives, we must prepare our hearts so that when the time comes we will be prepared for our defense. We must prepare our heart with the word of God so when we speak, our words will mirror what we have hid in our in from the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment