Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Mouth



Proverbs 13:2- A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence
Proverbs 13:3- He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction

Here we read of the fruit of the mouth and are told that a man will eat what is good. The next verse may give us the clue to why good things are flowing from this mouth. We are told he keeps his mouth. Are we being taught here that the good things are flowing from his mouth because he thinks before he speaks? Will the words I'm fixing to say will they hurt or build up? Will they be words of encouragement; words that enlighten? Words that comfort? Words that help
Galatians 6:10- As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
I am to do good unto ALL MEN when the opportunity arises! Am I thinking and awaiting the opportunity or do I have loose lips? Is the fruit from my mouth good or rotten? Am I keeping watch over my mouth? How many opportunities have I missed? Have I just opened wide my mouth and allow destruction to come flowing out like a bulldozer in soft ground
I have the choice in what I say so therefore it's a must to think before I speak.
The Question; will the way I'm about to use my mouth help this person? Encourage this person? Build up this person? Enlighten this person? if not then I may need to rethink what is about to come out of my mouth. That's thinking before I speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment