Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Understanding


Apply thine heart to understanding!

Proverbs 2:1- My son, if thou wilt receive my words,
and hide my commandments with thee;
2- So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom,
and apply thine heart to understanding;

 It appears that one must allow three things to happen first.
     1- Receive Gods Word
     2- Hide Gods Commands within you
     3- Give your attention to hearing Gods Wisdom.
Before I can have understanding I must trust in where the understanding is coming from; in this case Gods Word. Then I must take what I have placed my trust in  and hide it within my self. Now by doing this it will give me the ability to hear and understand what I am hearing. Therefore I will become wise in what I here and will increase in what I am learning.

Proverbs 1:5- A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
QUESTIONS FOR MYSELF:
What have I placed my trust in?
What have I hide within?
What am I giving my attention to?
It will come out in my life in my desires; what am I hungering for? Who am I listening to and what am I really doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment