Thursday, July 18, 2013

No Delight

Proverbs 18:2- A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself
An idiot has no joy in knowing or understanding but that his heart may discover itself
Could this phrase help make more sense?
"Just need to find myself."
I googled it and think this is the best answer
If you say it for yourself, as "I'm going to find myself", you mean you're going to remove yourself from your current situation, head off in a new direction (either physically or socially or emotionally), and see if you can discover who you really are, what you want out of life, who you want to become. You're making a major change in your life situation

Could we have here a person for whatever reason not happy with what he or she has in this life and by excluding themselves and heading off in a new direction. They think that they will discover something about themselves they didn't know
The first problem I see with this line of thinking is a person thinking things or something better than what they already have will make life better. This is not true. Paul said it plainly
Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want:for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content
Paul is saying learn to happy with what yo have
Quit chasing dreams of something you'll never have or be, improve what you already have.
Second thing I find wrong is the going; where are you going to go? Running from problems will never solve them they must be dealt with. Hiding only gives the enemy holding ground.
Galatians 5:1- Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage
When I asked Christ to save me He did. When I asked Christ to forgive me all my sins He did
So therefore I must stand fast in that which I was made free from if I don't then I can expect to be once again entangled with bondage.
Doubt of what Christ has done will cause bondage
Matthew 14:31- And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt
Third thing I see that causes a problem is the phrase "may discover itself." My heart can't discover itself
Jeremiah 17:9- The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked:who can know it
Psalms 28:7- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

There's the anwer My Heart trusted IN HIM, THE LORD IS MY STRENGH, I AM HELPED, THEREFORE MY HEART GREATLY REJOICE.


Proverbs 16:20- He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.

No comments:

Post a Comment