Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sentimental

Proverbs 3:1- My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments
Proverbs 3:21- My son, let not them depart from thine eyes
keep sound wisdom and discretion
Proverbs 3:26- For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken
I'm interested in the word "KEEP" Webster 1828 says it means
To hold; to retain in one's power or possession; not to lose or part with
Strong says it's; to guard
But in verse 26 Strong says that the word use for keep means; to hedge about, guard, to protect
In order not to forget one must place Gods Word in a safe place; their heart. There's more to it than just putting Gods Word in the heart and that is keeping it there. One does that by retaining; a lake is made by retaining water and that is done by building a dam, if there's no retaining there no lake. Same thing if we are going to have wells of Godly wisdom we are going to have to retain Gods Word within our heart
Psalms 119:11- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee
In order to keep sin out of our lives we must hide, keep, retain, possess, God's Word within our heart. We can't hide something we know nothing about.
In  Proverbs 3:26 For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken

The Lord shall be our confidence, and The Lord shall guard and protect and not allow our foot or standing from being caught.
As we clean, there’s something we throw away for they are nothing but trash. Then there are other things which are worth little to others but hold great sentimental value. Then there are other things that are priceless and those are the things we put in a safe place to protect
In my life there have been some trash, I don't want to keep or retain.
Philippians 3:13- Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
There are something I do want to retain and put in a safe place
and reaching forth unto those things which are before
Philippians 3:14- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus
Oh yes I almost forgot those things that have great sentimental value, those things that mean little to others but have great value to me as an individual.
The day The Lord save me. The place The Lord first spoke to me, the day The Lord  call me into His work, the day The Lord placed me Into his work, those The Lord placed into my life to help me, to teach me, to mentor me. All the people the Lord has helped, made strong, given wisdom by using me.
It all because of seeing the value and retaining and placing God's word in a safe place; my heart. That I too can run upside the chariot of others and ask "Understandest thou what thou readest?"  And hear them respond "How can I, except some man should guide me?" All that is possible because of the day The Lord saved me. Sentimental!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment