Monday, August 19, 2013

Pay Attention

 Proverbs 19:17- He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again
He that shows mercy upon the needy, weak joins themselves unto The Lord; and The Lord will repay.
How do I treat those I come I contact with daily? Do I offer a helping hand? It's not always money they need; I must not forget the teaching of the Good Samaritan.
Luke 10:30- And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead
The Priest saw, the Levite looked, both of these men observed, but neither did nothing to help this needy person.
Luke 10:31- And by chance there came down a certain priest that way:and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32- And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side
Then there comes a Samaritan an we are told that he is on a journey. But when he sees this man in need he stops what he is doing to help. When he saw how he had been treated and what had been done to him he had compassion. His compassion drove him to his aid. His compassion had him share what he had. His compassion caused him to spend time with him. His compassion caused him to give money to help. His compassion caused him to make a commitment to another for him
Luke 10:33- But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was:and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34- And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35- And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee
I must asked myself; do I have mercy and show compassion on those in need? Or do I pass by? Is this an appointment The Lord has placed in my day? Am I in such a hurry that I miss my God set appointment
I must remember my military training; pay attention to what's going on around you so that you don't lose your life and the lives of those around you.
The answer to Cain's question would be yes

Genesis 4:9- And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

No comments:

Post a Comment