Friday, August 16, 2013

Preparation for the Race


 There's Preparation

Proverbs 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord

   Preparation: The act or operation of preparing or fitting for a particular purpose,use, service or condition; as the preparation of land for a crop of wheat; the preparation of troops for a campaign; the preparation of a nation for war; the preparation of men for future happiness. Preparation is intended to prevent evil or secure good

I must PREPARE my heart to prevent evil or secure good. In order to do that I must know the sins that most easily drawn me

 Hebrews 12:1- Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us

In that verse I picture an arena in my mind, as I look up into the viewing area I see it full of people. I see the runners dressed in light weight clothing; but wait there's more to it than the look of the runner. Has the runner prepare himself for this day? Or has he let other things easily draw him away from preparing for this moment? The runner has joined the team, he has dressed well for the race, he has also entered the race. The runner looks the part of the team but the results of the runner will be seen when he begins to run the race. If there has been poor preparation for the race the runner will  stumble, crumble and fail; why? Failure to prepare for the upcoming oncoming avent.

 If I fail to acknowledge the sins that easily draw me and captivate me, if I do nothing to work at overcoming them I will fail and be in bondage by them

2 Corinthians 10:5- Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

Just as a runner prepares himself for the race before him I too but prepare for the day that is before me

If I allow myself to be drawn away from Bible study, pray time and mediation time then I start a day unprepared. No preparation, I might not hear the gun go off.

No comments:

Post a Comment