Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sin is my Enemy


Proverbs 1:6- To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

We are told here if we want to understand a Proverb and the Interpretation; the words of the wise and their dark sayings.

Fear The Lord:
Proverbs 1:7- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Hear Instruction:
Proverbs 1:8- My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

Watch out for Enticement:
Proverbs 1:10- My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

Watch out for Greed:
Proverbs 1:19- So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.

Don't love Simplicity:
Proverbs 1:22- How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

The chapter closes with a simple response:
Proverbs 1:33- But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Whoever listens to me will live without worry and will be free from the dread of disaster.

Thoughts for myself:

I know without doubt The Lord loves me but am I at the point that I have a Godly fear?

Am I hearing the instructions from The Lord or do I think my way is better?

Am I allowing others to Entice me?

Does Greed ever enter my heart?

Am I guilty of being Gullible?

Sin is my enemy with enjoyment for a season!

Hebrews 11:25- Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

No comments:

Post a Comment