Friday, February 16, 2024

Nice to Unkind in a Flash 🗯️

Jesus is in front of the high priest, their purpose was to put Jesus to death, stop Him, shut Him up. They need someone to be a witness against Him. As we read  it looks like many were willing to witness against the Lord Jesus, saying something bad, accusing  Him, but their witness wasn’t true.

Mark 14:56 (KJV) For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together. But their witness was false. It doesn't matter who you are, how much good you do for others, there’s always going to be those who are more than willing to talk about you. There was no charge, yet they took Jesus. Their thoughts must have been, we will arrest Him and then we will figure out some death penalty for Him. They weren’t having a hard time finding witnesses but they were having a hard time finding witnesses that were truthful. I find it interesting that Jesus was arrested for doing good and great things among the people. 

  • He healed the sick, 

  • made the blind to see, 

  • the lame to walk, 

  • the lepers  cleansed, 

  • the mentally unsound He gave them a sound mind, 

  • He encouraged the discouraged, 

  • He gave hope to the hopeless, 

  • faith to those who had no faith, 

  • He taught those who were hungry to learn, 

  • trained those who put their trust in Him. 

  • Oh and let’s not forget those He gave life back too. 

So please tell me again, what did Jesus do to deserve death? The high priest said

Mark 14:60 (KJV) And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee? Learn something by this, if you aren't guilty then why speak? You can’t defend yourself if there is nothing to defend. That’s what a good friend of mine said to me one day. He said “aren’t you going to say anything about what others are accusing you of?” I looked at him and said I didn’t do what they are saying I did. If I try to defend myself then I only look guilty of what I had no part with.

There are those today that want the name of Jesus never spoken again. 

  • They don’t want to hear how He died for their sins  

  • how they need a savior. 

  • They just say I’m happy the way I am. 

I was out looking for an address one night. I couldn’t find it so I thought there was a mistake when the address was given to me. I went to a home near by and knocked on the door. A nice lady opened the front door and I asked her if she knew where this person lived. She didn’t know but out of her kindness she went to her husband who began to look for this person's name. After a while her husband came and said no one by that name lives in this subdivision. He then left and went back to what he was doing.  I then asked the lady if they attended Church anywhere and if not we would love to have them come visit our Church. She looked at me and didn’t say a word but her whole countenance on her face changed. We thanked her and left. It wasn’t long before a car pulled up beside me as I walked down the street. Why it was that nice man who took time to try to help me find the person I was looking for earlier. As I greeted him he asked me if I was going to go to a home I was about to go to? I said yes. He then told me in a very stern and unkind way not to and to leave their subdivision he was going to call the police. What changed this very nice person into someone unkind? Jesus! He disliked Jesus and what He stood for so much that he left the comforts of his home to run me down and express his feelings of hatred of Jesus. Not everyone loves or even likes Jesus and everyone isn’t going to like you either. I was amazed how just the mention of Jesus turned one man who I’m sure was a nice and kind man into something totally different. Jesus, you either Love Him or you dislike Him and maybe even hate Him.

That may very well true but look what Jesus said  Mark 16:15 (KJV) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

13 Mark 16:16 (KJV) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment