Friday, February 2, 2024

Is It Me?😳

Here comes Jesus and the 12 men He has been working with and training. 

Mark 14:17 (KJV) And in the evening he cometh with the twelve. These men go to the upper room and sat down and began to eat, Jesus didn’t talk about how the weather was nor anything else that was going on. The first words from His lips were “one of you guys that are sitting here will betray me.

Mark 14:18 (KJV) And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you 🫡which eateth with me shall betray me.  Well what was their reaction to that? First they were sorrowful 😒 then they were unsure😯 about themselves. In that room sitting at the Passover table how do you think you would have felt? But how would you have felt if you knew you were the one Jesus was talking about? But these words that Jesus spoke should have shook Judas’s world Mark 14:21 (KJV) The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born. Oh you might say if that has been me I would have changed my mind right then and there. Would you? Probably not, and the reason I say that is that many are hanging on to a lie. They know within themselves that they have never really asked the Lord to come into their lives. If they were asked has there ever been a time in your life that it really changed? Some would say sure, but has it? They lay in bed having sex outside of marriage and it doesn’t bother them at all and they feel no guilt. But God in His book the Bible says “don’t do that!”

Matthew 19:18 (KJV) He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Well that lets me off the hook we aren’t married. Really then look up the word fornication. Then there are those who lie and call it business. God never said it was ok to lie in  business but He did say  Exodus 20:16 (KJV) Thou shalt not bear false witness [lie]  against thy neighbour. The lying doesn’t bother you either. Why do we think that we can go to heaven like we are? What if I were to go to the ER at the local hospital and tell them I was a doctor and would like to work in their ER. I sure that they would ask for some type of credentials as well as references. Do you think that Jesus died on the cross for your sin and you just fly by life doing what you want too and what make you feel good and God says ok that’s alright come on in? I think not. The reason I say that is because of what the Bible says for all have sinned, if you will confess, if any person does there’s a noticeable change. It's not what I’m doing, it’s what I'm not doing. It’s not going to church, it’s not giving your money or time. If today you were asked why you think you are going to heaven what would be your answer? Because I’m good, I haven’t done anything really bad. Great! But the Bible says this.

Romans 3:12 (KJV) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. We have all done bad things, some worse than others. We have all done good things but it didn’t say do more good it simply says we have all done no good, not good enough to really matter. Un-oh😳 Is it me Lord? Have I, did I, am I oh my is it me?

No comments:

Post a Comment