Monday, February 5, 2024

Not Me 😱

 The Passover is done, Jesus and His disciples  are leaving; we are not told but I wonder if they cleaned up after they were finished with the Passover? Lol.  I’m sure they did because Jesus isn’t going to ask His disciples to go make ready and then leave the guest chamber a wreck. I'm sure that the guest chamber was cleaner than before. When all was done they sung a hymn and then left. 

Mark 14:26 (KJV) And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives. Paul tells us in the book of Ephesians that singing hymns makes melody in our hearts unto the Lord.

Ephesians 5:19 (KJV) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; If It’s a happy heart I want, then here are the questions I need to ask myself. How many Psalms or parts of Psalms do I have in my heart? How many spiritual songs do I have in my heart? How many Hymns do I have in my heart? Whatever the answer will determine the level of a happy heart. 

The Mount of Olives was a place of Sending 

Mark 11:1 (KJV) And when they came nigh to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount of Olives, he sendeth forth two of his disciples,

A Place of Explaining Mark 13:3 (KJV) And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,

A Place of Telling of Future Events  

Mark 14:26 (KJV) And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

Mark 14:27 (KJV) And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. 

Mark 14:28 (KJV)  But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee.

Peter then says wait a minute Lord, these other guys might run off in the night and leave you but you can rest assured I won’t. Mark 14:29 (KJV) But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I. Jesus didn’t say what Peter wanted to hear. Oh no, quite the opposite.  Mark 14:30 (KJV) And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. Peter tonight you will deny Me three times. I can see myself in Peter for I too have said “I’ll NEVER DO THAT! Only to find myself doing or saying what I said I would never do or say. As we will see in the life of Peter that fear will cause us sometimes to do what we would not normally do. Then Peter says Oh No Lord I won’t! You’ll see, I will die for You Lord if it comes to it.  Mark 14:31 (KJV) But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all. This tells me three things about Peter. First Peter wants to do what he said but he doesn't know the cost of what he said. “If I should die with thee

Second Peter didn’t know himself as well as he thought. “I will not deny thee in any wise

Third Peter didn’t realize all those who had confidence in him “Likewise also said they all” I wonder how many have confidence in me? I am not sure but some do. Principle # 7 says “Our sinful habits do hurt those who follow us.” So it is important what I say and what I do, where I go and the people I let influence me. Because it makes an  impact on others. If Wayne goes there and does this or that it’s got to be alright or he wouldn’t do it. Peter was wrong in what he said for he knew not what he would do. But he’s about to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment