Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Content 🫠 Can be Dangerous 🫣

The story you are about to read is true. The names have not been changed to protect the guilty. We all have had to ask ourselves that question “What do I do?🥺” at one time or another. My first experience with drugs was like that. I had just gotten married a few months ago and one day when all looked as if things were going to get better I got orders to leave where I was stationed, Duluth Minnesota. Within 30 days I was gone to a place I didn’t want to be. I was 20 years old and in a place where friends were hard to come by. It took a while but I began to hang around with this small group of three. One night I couldn’t find them. I had looked and looked, when I found them they were acting funny. I said what’s going on with you guys? They looked at each other and I was introduced to hash. At that point I had a choice to make, take the chance of losing these young men as my friends or joining in with them and  doing something I knew was wrong. It wasn’t just wrong, the consequence if caught would be very high. My choice was the wrong one. I joined in and it took me for a ride that lasted more than one night. Why didn’t I walk away? The same reason Pilate didn’t “willing to content” willing to do what you know isn’t right just to content with others. 

Mark 15:15 (KJV) And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified. Well how long did I keep those friends? Until our tour of duty was up. But my new friends introduced me to much more and my life became a roller coaster ride of ups and downs until the day I gave my heart to Jesus and got saved. Wow that was over 50 years ago now and I can’t write of all the good things that have happened since that day. Sure there have been bad days, sorrowful times to which I didn’t have the answers. But God without doubt has been good to me and gave me much more than I deserved. I would love to write and reminisce of the great things God has done. But that’s not my intent here. Instead I want to lift up my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ of all the great things He has done and will do for all who place their trust in Him. Here is one rule to live by “If God is Against It So Am I❗️Don’t do what you know is not right. What should I have done that night? Walked away, it would have saved me a lot of heartache and trouble. Oh let me not forget the loss of much. Why didn’t I? To keep friends. Where are those friends today? I have no idea. I haven’t seen them or heard from them since we waved goodbye many years ago. Lesson of life, the friends you have today may one day be gone forever. It can be dangerous willing to be content.  

No comments:

Post a Comment