Monday, July 15, 2024

Not When I Was Drinking 🥃

 Hebrews 10:11 (KJV) And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:


Daily standing offering the same which can NEVER take away sins. As I read that my mind flashed back to when I was in the military. If you remember from my past writings you will recall how I wrote that I was brought up in a good home with loving parents. I was blessed to have that, for many have no understanding of such. I wasn’t brought up in a real church going home although we did go most Sundays but I never really heard much about Jesus Christ coming to save sinners. Now before you get the wrong idea I’m sure they did but I wasn’t listening. But either way I did get something and I did understand something about praying. The last thing I would do at night back when I was in the military was to pray, unless I had been drinking, on those nights I didn’t think God wanted to hear from me. I wrote that because when I read the words “daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins” 

I thought of my praying, back long ago when I was in a land and place I just didn’t want to be. Not sure my praying did much good. My praying didn’t change my vocabulary nor did it ever change what I was drinking and I’m not too sure I even thought about the Lord any other time. I’m sure God wasn’t pleased with how loosely I used His Name on a daily basis. So what is the answer to our SIN problem? Hebrews 10:9 (KJV) Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. Jesus Christ comes to do God’s will, pay the sin debt for the whole world. Is that not exciting? Why do I write that? Here is why  John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, I’m in the world and so are you, God loves us. How much does God love us? that he gave his only begotten Son, one can give without love but one who loves gives. Love is not only giving but it’s giving not expecting anything in return. that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. God gives because He loves you and I. But you and I don’t have to believe that nor love God back. God will continue to love, why?

1 John 4:16 (KJV) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1 John 4:19 (KJV) We love him, because he first loved us. God doesn’t ask for your love in return. He loves you. Once I understood that it changed the way I love my wife. I love her and I express my love for her not expecting anything in return. Don’t you love your children? Even when they are unlovable. Even when they disappoint you. Even when they hurt you by what they said or did. Does not your heart excite you when they do good? When you see them doing what you taught them? Yes we as parents love our children. You know what? So does our God and He has given to us more than we could ever desire. Don’t you just love Him?


No comments:

Post a Comment