Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Worry

I read where 85 percent of what we worry about will never come to pass or happen to us. There is nothing we can do about 10 percent of our worries, and that only 5 percent of our worries are legitimate. If we look at our worries in the light of these statistics then most of our worrying is a waste of our time. Because of worry there are more people in hospitals than from any other disease. Worry causes headaches, ulcers, heart attacks, mental disorder and who knows what else. What's interesting is worry is the opposite of trust; so what have you put your trust in? Have you put your trust in God's direction for your life? David sings a song unto the Lord in 2Samuel chapter22 he says in

2Samuel 22:3
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. And in

2Samuel 22:31
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. David said God was his rock; that's solid. Then he goes on and says that he will trust God; not maybe or I'll see how it works out or see how things go, no! No; he said he would trust God. The reason is because He is his shield; a shield repels arrows from the enemy. He also says that God was the horn of his salvation; what does that mean? I believe it means strength. When rams, deer, moose and any other animals with horns fight it is the strength of their horns. Could David be saying "God is my Shield, My Salvation and My Strength he goes on and says He is his Savior and the one that saves him from violence. David talks about God's Way and His Word and then when he is in War. The word "buckler" was more than a shield for it covered the whole body in a battle. When the soldier went into battle he was behind that buckler and it covered everything except a retreating soldier. Behind the buckler was safety, David is saying that God is a protector to those who put their trust in Him. What have you put your trust in? What does God mean to you? There is safety from worry; put in the Lords hands because only 5 percent of our worries are legitimate. Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Proverbs 3:6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment