Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Today

Yesterday we looked at the farmer living for today with tomorrow in view and what a mistake that was for him. I believe we are to live today to its fullest we are living today in real time. They use that term in stock market trading which means you can watch what the stock market is doing at that very moment. But you and I are living today in real time but tomorrow is not lived in real time nor is the past only today. What we have we have today. The past or yesterday as we call it; we can see our failures and many times see why and how we failed. Lot's wife was a woman who was incapable of looking forward because she was too busy looking backwards. Then we have the future with all of it possibilities; that word possibilities means something that is possible. It is possible for almost anything to happen in the near future and it's not wrong to plan for the future but we must live our lives in the present. The Lord Jesus when leaving this world told His followers that He would return

John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go
(present) to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again,
(future) and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. The Lord is coming and we need to be watching for Him at the present for we know not when He is returning

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. My Pastor taught me years ago that when you see the word therefore; see what it's there for. Why is it there for? Watch for ye know not when the Lord will come. When He comes I assure you it will be "today." Let's live each day as if He would return not that He will return in the future for He could return today and if He does will you be ready to meet Him? As Dr. M. R. Dehaan always said "perhaps today." He was looking for the Lord Jesus to return every day; he died before He returned but as Job said long ago

Job 19:25
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: I love it when I read the phase "I Know" for if Job could know and John could know that means you and I can know. So Know that our redeemer is coming and it could be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment