Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Love Self

Have you ever been rejected? You didn’t make the team; you practiced hard you worked hours on end and then the list came and your name was not on it and you felt rejected, not good enough. Maybe it was the job promotion you didn’t get; that was bad enough but they hired a new person who knew nothing about the company at all; rejected again. Have any regrets?  Regret for the time you lost your temper. The day you lost control, lost your pride, your priorities.  You question yourself and your abilities by asking yourself, how can I have dreams for the future when all I’m doing is spending my energy regretting my past?  You may have tried the Happy Hour solution only to find out that it is only true to its word only happy for an hour and then you can now add guilty into your life. My Dad used to wear a pin on his coat lapel which read “Try God.” Sad to say that many have went to religion for help but not to God. Others have gone to Church but never saw Christ. I saw something that applies to marriage but I think it also applies to the way we look at ourselves. See what you think! 
Ephesians 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.  Could there be a correlation between the way that a person feels about himself and the way they feel about others? If you don’t like yourself, if you are ashamed, embarrassed, or angry, other people are going to know it.  If we are at peace with ourselves, if we like ourselves then we will get along with others.  Do you think that a lot of our problems could be that we just don’t love ourselves? Therefore it is hard to love others. Could it be that the divorce would have never happened in the first place had we just loved ourselves? Do we not love because of Rejection, Regret and an Unforgiving grudge that we keep holding on too? Once again Jesus has the answer;
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  Jesus says come to me everyone who is tired from carrying heavy loads, and I’ll give you rest. Your yoke is heavy mine is light, you’re restless come to me and I’ll give you rest as well as a light burden.  You may be like the man who was walking with a heavy load on his back. Another stopped and asked him if he would like a ride to which the man agreed. He got into his vehicle but didn’t remove the heavy load from his back. The man who was giving him a ride turned and said, “Why don’t you remove your load from your back?”  The other man said “Oh, I couldn’t do that to you putting this extra load on you after you have been so kind to give me a ride.” We may think that is a silly statement for the man to make for the other was already caring his load. It is no sillier than to say we have given our burdens to the Lord and never remove them from our life.  How many of us have done and said things we regret and who has been rejected by people, places and programs? We all know how that feels and yes, we can walk around with that unforgiveness in our life or we can forgive. I’ll talk about forgiving tomorrow. Have a blessed week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment