Thursday, September 8, 2011

Uunforgiven

It all looked as if it had all ended wonderfully on yesterday. So what did this man do to show his gratitude? Does he give thanks? No, he does something very different
Matthew 18:28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
Once again a hundred pence doesn’t mean much to me and I’m sure it’s much less than 10 thousand talents, so I’ll refer back to my professors exchange. He said $3,200 in silver and once again I can understand just how much less a hundred pence was in accordance to the ten thousand talents. What mattered here is not whether the exchange is correct but to show you and me the difference between the two? Here goes a man who had just been forgiven of very large amount and finds a servant that owes him $3,200.00 and begins to choke him saying, “Pay me what you owe me.” The servant fell down at his feet and began begging him to be patient with him and he would repay him. But this man who had been greatly forgiven refused and then had the man put into prison. I wonder what happened to the compassion that was shown him. Well the news travelled back to his lord and it was told what had happened and the servant was called and as they met face to face this is what was said. 
Matthew 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desires me:
Matthew 18:33  Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
Matthew 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Here was a man who had been forgiven of much but he refused to forgive his fellow servant of much less. 
He was turned over to the tormentors until when? “Till he should pay all that was due him.”  May I say that here was a debt so large that he would never be able to pay it off? What was the picture and how does it apply to each one of us? It’s simple and we’ll close the week with that answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment