Thursday, September 1, 2011

Grand Finale


 Grand finale- a very exciting or impressive ending of a performance or show. I am sure we have all seen firework shows that put on a grand finale at the very end of the show. There are also plays where all the actors come out and put on a grand finale at the end of their show. I want  to show and tell you of a grand finale today.  Now when I saw this grand finale I got so excited about it. Don’t try to read or think in your mind what I am about to tell you because you won't get it right. You might say I know what you are about to write about;  you are going to write about the second coming of our Lord Jesus. That is going to be a good grand finale for sure but if that is what you are thinking you’re thinking WRONG! Let me just cut to the chase; we will have to go all the way back to the book of Genesis to dig this out. In Genesis chapter one you will read of all that God created, but when you come to chapter two God goes a little deeper into what he has already done in chapter one.
Genesis 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:8  And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
 We see that God made man a living soul and put him in the garden eastward in Eden.  God then put the man in charge of the garden and  gave man a job.
Genesis 2:20  And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; Adam’s job was to give names; so he starts off Mrs. Cow and Mr. Bull, Mr. Buck and Mrs. Doe, Mr. Gator and Mrs. Alli, Mr. Rooster and Mrs. Hen. Adam being as smart as he was noticed something, he noticed that while he was giving names that there was not a mate for him. but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
God had already said that it was not good for Adam to be alone and He was going to make a help meet for him.
Genesis 2:18  And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Here it comes the grand finale of creation.
Genesis 2:21  And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Genesis 2:22  And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. I don’t know and it’s not written down for us to read; but I wonder if God might have thought “you haven’t seen anything yet, just you wait until you lay your eyes upon this big boy.” I remember the very first time I laid my eyes on my help meet; know what I thought? It was simple, I thought “WOW!” It’s been over 41 and half years now and know what I’m still saying “WOW!” When God does a grand finale it’s better than any I have seen. You might say well you are lucky. Oh no, luck has nothing to do with it but love has everything to do with it. You see God never said it would be easy and I my friend  just refused to let the WOW out of my mind. If you are always looking into the grand stands you’ll fail to see what you have right in front of you and God has blessed me with a wonderful help meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment