Friday, December 2, 2011

Designer Destiny


Your designer destiny; now that is some fancy talk for we live in a world of designer shoes and clothing. Go to one of those fancy stores and buy yourself some designer jeans full of holes and torn up one side and down the other starting at only $85.00 per pair.  I’m not talking about designer clothing I am talking about a life designed by the Master Himself. You may be successful and cheered by men but is it important to God? You see the real truth is we want to please and do what our heavenly Father wants us to do but we have more questions than answers. Listen to what God said to Jeremiah then how Jeremiah responded to God.
Jeremiah 1:4  Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Jeremiah 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
God tells Jeremiah that before he was formed and before he was born that He had set him aside and ordained him a prophet to the nations. But Jeremiah has something to say about that.
Jeremiah 1:6  Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. Is that not just like you and I; “Lord I can’t.” Have you ever said that? Oh it’s true Lord I do have this burning in my heart to serve you but to be honest I’m afraid. To follow the Lord to your designer destiny you may have to defy the drumbeat of this culture we live in. You may be called foolish for you will have to proceed by faith, trusting in the Lord and not a plan. Oh, I would follow the Lord if I knew how I was going to……….. I talked with my best friend last night he is now Pastor of a wonderful church and is right where God wants him. After I hung the phone up with him I began to think about how God has brought him along. He was Pastor of a Church and felt like God would have him resign and leave; now this was over 20 years ago. He had this burning desire to preach so he goes down to the nursing home and ask them if he could come and sing and preach they said ok. He began to preach there and then he went to a Church as an associate Pastor and did both for a long time. Working a full time job, preaching at a nursing home and associate Pastor and I never heard him complaining. He was doing what was in his heart to do and was happy? Now years later he is Pastor of a successful church. Oh he still works his full time job but God has opened many doors for him because of his faithfulness and love for the Lord.  Could God be stirring your soul and trying to move you to where you were born to be and to do what you were born to do. It may be different from what you’re doing now. Should we be afraid or should we be obedient? Does the obedience look risky? Think about it this way there is no such thing as risky obedience only risky disobedience. Oh, test the waters my friend and see that the Lord is good and will provide. No, don’t go quit your job just yet but you will find happiness in what our heavenly Father has designed just for you. Now have a great weekend and be sure to be in Church this Sunday. I am excited about hearing my Sunday School Teacher for he is the best both sides of the Mississippi. Then I want to hear my Pastor preach on that Unshakable Christian Life. See you Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment