Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What Do You See


A young girl that had Down syndrome was out with her mom and dad when they passed by a homeless man. The alcohol and the body odor were horrible, but the young girl looked past by all of the things others see and went over and gave the man a hug. As they embraced the tears streamed down the man’s face and it was all because of an act of affection. We might say well I’m glad I’m not that way; that’s the problem we don’t look at ourselves like that. Really we haven’t done anything real bad, after all I’m a pretty good person. In who’s eyes? This is what the Bible has to say about our goodness.
Isaiah 64:6  But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Romans 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Romans 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
We are not as hard on ourselves as we might be with someone else. I use to work with my Father-n-Law and loved those years we worked together. He did remodeling work and when he figured a job he always got what was needed and there was little room for error. One day I cut a piece of trim wrong and when I told him what I had done he said that we were not going to have enough to finish the job and I felt bad about my mistake. A few jobs later he made a mistake and he just brushed it off. I then got to thinking about when I had made a similar mistake, so I asked him why he got so upset with me and not with himself. He just looked at me and said oh it’s different when I do it. Could it be that’s how we view our wrongs?  When we read about Jesus He went to those others refused to; the broken hearted, the lonely, the confused, the harlots, the lepers, the cold hearted but He saw something different than what met the eyes He look past all that and saw the heart.
1Samuel 16:7  But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
When He found you and I we were like the man the little girl saw and hugged for she didn’t see the outside she saw the inside. What do we see when we see others?

No comments:

Post a Comment