Friday, December 16, 2011

Prejudice, Pride and Opinions


His name was Ken and he talked to me one night in the back of a trailer about a man named Jesus. I politely listened until he was through then I made him a promise that I would without a doubt go to Church the following Sunday; which I did. Could anything good come out of a talk from the back of an eighteen wheeler? That’s kind of what Nathanael said about Nazareth.
John 1:46  And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see. Nazareth was so mean a place, that it seems it was even despised by its neighbors, the Galileans themselves, for Nathaniel was from Galilee. Nathanael said himself “can anything good come out of Nazareth?” Surely the Messiah would never come from there; He more than likely would come from Jerusalem, Hebron or some other prominent city. Not Nazareth, you must be kidding! Here is a good lesson on almost letting prejudice, pride and opinions cause you to miss the most important date of your life. What if I would have let my unbelief and opinion and false assumptions prevent me from doing as I said? Really would the Savior of mankind come riding on a donkey? Really would the Lord Jesus be in a Baptist Church I mean I had been in the Methodist Church from childhood. Can I say it’s not a Denomination?  It’s Jesus and He may well come riding on a Donkey or in the back of a trailer or in a Sunday Morning Service. Phillip said to Nathaniel come see and Nathaniel did and in so doing he saw Jesus. Ken said to me come and see and I did and I saw Jesus. But better than Nathaniel and I seeing Jesus, Jesus saw the both of us. You are going to have to get past your prejudice, pride and opinions and let Jesus see you! Sundays coming why not go and see!  Thanks Ken for sharing that night over 38 years ago in the back of that trailer as we loaded it to go to another state. On that night you filled my head with things about Jesus and two days later Jesus found me and invited me into His family and I am eternally grateful.  By the way Ken, wherever you are I’ll be back in Church this Sunday you can count on it and once again let me say thank you for caring for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment