Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dirty Words


 In the movie “The Christmas Story” Ralphie had said a dirty word and when he got home his mother put a bar of soap in his mouth to clean it up. I can’t remember a time that my mother ever put soap in my mouth. I am not saying that I didn’t need it I’m just saying I don’t remember her ever doing that. She had other ways like saying “just wait to your daddy gets home” and the cold chills would run up my spine and fear filled my mind. It was then that I wanted to say “oh no go get the soap.” We hear dirty words often don’t we? Not what you’re thinking but other dirty words: Cancer, Divorce, Fired, Bankrupt, Alone, Death; you can add a few if you like. Why do I call them dirty? Because of the way they hurt us and the ones we love and care about. They are icebergs that sink the strongest people. You might ask “how do I conqueror those dirty words? Well the Child of God must realize that they are loved by God. I heard the story of a Pastor who couldn’t sleep one night because his heart was troubled. He gets up at 3:00 am and heads to a park where there is a walking track. At 1:00 am on a Sunday morning there is no one there and as he walks with a broken and troubled heart he looks up and there’s a woman. She is walking and she stops. She asked him if he were a Christian, to which he said yes. She then said God told me to tell you three things. God wanted me to tell you that He loves you, He told me to tell you to cheer up and lastly He told me to tell you to give it to Him and then she was gone.
Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation( Affliction)  , or distress, (Affliction Extreme pain) or persecution, (Punishment)  or famine, (destitution)  or nakedness, or peril,(Danger; risk; hazard; jeopardy) or sword?
 Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. Oh no, the one who loves us gives us the overwhelming victory in all these difficulties. So what is it that has separated you from the love of Christ? Is it the dirty words “You’re Fired?” Now you are in a tail spin; don’t forget He still loves those who have been fired. Sickness, He still loves sick people and if you live long enough you’ll get sick and the sickness may even take away this earthly life. Just remember that we have something better.
2Corinthains 5:1  For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. I just love those two words “we know” so there you go who or what shall separate us from the love of God only what you allow to get in the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment