Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lost at the Mall


Have you ever had anything strange happen to you? On yesterday I stop at a mall that I rarely go, I parked my truck and in I went. I was headed to a place that I have only been to once before. I had no trouble finding it, did my business and left. Headed back in the same direction that I had just earlier came, down the steps and out the door; that is when I realized that this is not the place I had entered the mall earlier. No problem I’ll just have to walk down the sidewalk to the next parking area. I did just that but when I got to the next parking area I was still in the wrong place.  Back in the mall I went to start over only to find that I couldn’t remember where I had really came in and if I couldn’t find that way then I’ll never get to my truck. I have never experience this in my life; I have never paid attention to where I have parked for I have always been able to get back to where I was parked. That’s why I thought this is so strange for like a homing pigeon I have always been able to return to my vehicle. I went back to the store that I had just left and started over 2 times before I found my way to the truck; time wise I was really lost for about 30-45 minutes. I really hated to write and tell about yesterday experience but as I thought about it, it reminded me about going to heaven. You see no one in their right mind wants to go to hell so we keep telling ourselves everything is just fine; I’m a fairly good person, I give to the Church some, I go to Church a few times a year, I haven’t stolen, cheated, I love my wife and family and so on. But when we really get close to the end of our lives do we really think that will be enough? I didn’t worry about where my truck was until I couldn’t find it and realize I didn’t know where to find it. Now I was lost but I wasn’t fully lost; to be fully lost I would have admitted to someone and asked for help which they would have gladly given me. But no, pride got in the way and I refused to ask for help. That is the way most people do when they realized that they need help they keep doing the same thing and that is refusing to ask for help expecting to get different results. This thing about sin and forgiveness is a must that we must understand for that is the ones Jesus died for and that is all that’s going to heaven. For Jesus Himself put it this way.  
Luke 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. If we never consider ourselves lost then how in the world can one be found? We can’t wonder around like I did at the Mall on yesterday and finally find where I was headed. In that Mall full of people not one person was seeking to find me, but Jesus said that He was seeking the lost. How you may ask? Good question has anyone ever given you a tract with the plan of salvation on it? Anyone ever took the time to tell you about what Jesus has done for you? Anyone anywhere ever given you the simple plan of salvation?
1-Realize your condition as a sinner. Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
2- Realize your penalty for sin is death. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 3- Realize you can do nothing to work off your sin debt. Titus 3:5  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
4- Realize that Christ died for you to pay your sin debt. 2Corinthians 5:21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
5- Believe that Christ died, was buried, and rose from the dead. Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
6- Realize that salvation is a free gift, apart from any works that you do.
Ephesians 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
7- Realize the moment you trust Christ, you have salvation and it can never be lost.
John 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. Could it be that Jesus is seek for you this morning? If so except His free gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment