Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wonder Do You Know Him


Use your imagination for a moment; Jesus called out 12 men and trained them to carry the gospel to train others. He was with them every day teaching them by example as well as giving them some on hands training. They went from city to city with Jesus, they ate at the same table and they walked the same dusty roads together. When you saw Jesus you saw His disciples Jesus was with them every day all day. I was reading and I noticed that the Bible records this phrase 4 times as it records the life of Joseph.
Genesis 39:2  And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
Genesis 39:3  And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
Genesis 39:21  But the LORD was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.
Genesis 39:23  The keeper of the prison looked not to anything that was under his hand; because the LORD was with him, and that which he did, the LORD made it to prosper. We read four times that the Lord was with Joseph. Now what about you and I? There came a day in the Disciples lives that Jesus said I am going to leave you guys. I’m not going to leave you comfortless; I’m going to give you another comforter and He will always be with you and never leave.
John 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
John 14:17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Well, that’s great for Joseph and  the Disciples but what about you and I? Then I read this;
Hebrews 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Jesus tells His disciples that the Spirit of truth would come and dwell in them and He would teach them, guide them and lead them. What a promise we have as a child of God that the same spirit of truth those disciple had we have too. Why do I say as God’s child we have the same spirit of truth, because as they were told “the world cannot receive” and the reason is because they can’t see Him and don’t know who He is; “because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:” Just like anyone else you must know who Jesus is in order to receive His Spirit. I know my wife and we have been together 42 years. She can walk into a room full of laughter and can even be smiling herself but just one quick look at her and I know if she is upset with me. No one else in the room will know but I will and the reason why is because I know her. If Jesus is going to teach us and lead us we have to know Him; it’s a must.
Like S.M. LOCKRIDGE sings “MY KING”



My King
The Bible says my King is the King of the Jews. He’s the King of Israel. He’s the King of Righteousness. He’s the King of the Ages. He’s the King of Heaven. He’s the King of Glory. He’s the King of kings, and He’s the Lord of lords. That’s my King.
I wonder, do you know Him?
My King is a sovereign King. No means of measure can define His limitless love. He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s immortally graceful. He’s imperially powerful. He’s impartially merciful.
Do you know Him?
He’s the greatest phenomenon that has ever crossed the horizon of this world. He’s God’s Son. He’s the sinner’s Saviour. He’s the centerpiece of civilization. He’s unparalleled. He’s unprecedented. He is the loftiest idea in literature. He’s the highest personality in philosophy. He’s the fundamental doctrine of true theology. He’s the only one qualified to be an all sufficient Saviour.
I wonder if you know Him today?
He supplies strength for the weak. He’s available for the tempted and the tried. He sympathizes and He saves. He strengthens and sustains. He guards and He guides. He heals the sick. He cleansed the lepers. He forgives sinners. He discharges debtors. He delivers the captive. He defends the feeble. He blesses the young. He serves the unfortunate. He regards the aged. He rewards the diligent. And He beautifies the meek.
I wonder if you know Him?
He’s the key to knowledge. He’s the wellspring of wisdom. He’s the doorway of deliverance. He’s the pathway of peace. He’s the roadway of righteousness. He’s the highway of holiness. He’s the gateway of glory.
Do you know Him? Well…
His life is matchless. His goodness is limitless. His mercy is everlasting. His love never changes. His Word is enough. His grace is sufficient. His reign is righteous. And His yoke is easy. And His burden is light.
I wish I could describe Him to you. Yes…
He’s indescribable! He’s incomprehensible. He’s invincible. He’s irresistible. You can’t get Him out of your mind. You can’t get Him off of your hand. You can’t outlive Him, and you can’t live without Him. Well, the Pharisees couldn’t stand Him, but they found out they couldn’t stop Him. Pilate couldn’t find any fault in Him. Herod couldn’t kill Him. Death couldn’t handle Him, and the grave couldn’t hold Him.
Yeah! That’s my King, that’s my King.
Amen!
I wonder if you know Him? You must Know Jesus before you can follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment