Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Germs


Don't you just love it when one of your coworkers comes in coughing and sneezing? Thank you for sharing, pal! There’s research that there are some happy germs that people spread around. One article said: "We can catch happiness from friends and family members like an emotional virus. The research shows that every happy person in your social network increases your own chance of cheer by 9% and those effects can last up to one year. When someone gets happy, that person's friend experiences a 25% increased chance of becoming happy, and at least two more friends will be affected—happy germs! Would you agree that being happy brings joy into our lives? For when one is happy they are very joyful.
Proverbs 17:22  A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: Jesus while He spent the last few hours with His disciples before He would be taken, jailed, judged and then crucified shared with them how to have joy.
John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.   Did you see it? Jesus said “these things have I spoken unto you that MY JOY might remain in you.” The reason being that YOUR JOY might remain in you is because of My Joy! The Christian life is a happy life, but it cuts across our thinking. Look at the Paradoxes;   {seemingly absurd, yet true in fact}  
We die to live Romans 8:13  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify (put to death)the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Philippians 1:21  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
We Decrease to Increase John 3:30  He(Jesus) must increase, but I must decrease.
We Hunger and Thirst to be Happy Matthew 5:6  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Jesus is speaking to those who are hungry and thirsty, yet they are happy. I wouldn’t think that this condition would produce happiness but sadness. How can a person be hungry and thirsty and be happy. Remember the children of God 3-days after being delivered from the Egyptians came to a place of bitter waters and they were not happy but very sad. In verse 6 we are told we can be happy. Jesus talks about two of our bodies’ basic needs; the hunger to eat and the desire of thirst for drink, these two are urgent. Hunger and thirst describe the driving desire we ought to have for having a relationship with our Heavenly Father.  The person who is never hungry is sick. We all have a natural desire for food and water it is a sign of health. We must eat in order to live God made us that way. Disobedience to this natural law means death.  A person who is never hungry for the things of God are not healthy.  
 1Peter 2:2  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: We too must have the same appetite for spiritual things if not the same thing will happen. We will die spiritually. God’s children should have a desire for the Word of God so they can grow. Just as we grow in our earthly life there must be an appetite and one of urgency to be filled. Happiness will never be a reality for those who live in sin. Happiness is shut out by the dark clouds of sin. David the King could have anything he wanted, he ate the finest of food and drink, he was never hungry and thirsty or was he?
Psalms 51:2  Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Psalms 51:3  For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. What was David asking God for? Wash me for my sin has caused great guilt to come upon me; I’m in need of a washing that is thorough for I need to be cleansed from my sin. I have acknowledged the violation of the laws that I have broken and my sin is always before me it never leaves me. I would say that David is hungering and thirsting for the right things. Do you and I ever have to go and say “I’m sorry for what I………..” What made you do that? Could have been that our relationship, like David’s was broken with our heavenly Father? That’s a good sign when God deals with our heart, that we start to hunger and thirst for His friendship and fellowship and are willing to acknowledge our wrong doings before Him. That means you are sickly in your spiritual life. Have a blessed weekend, pray for your Pastor and be excited about this coming Sunday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment