Monday, December 18, 2023

Forget🤔

 Here is another portion of scripture I don’t fully understand. So when I don’t understand I look for what I do understand. In verse 24 I understand that I need to pray. Mark 11:24 (KJV) Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

(when ye pray) But when I pray I need to be real at what I am praying for, (believe) that there’s a God in heaven that hears what I’m praying and He also knows if I believe what I’m asking. But then there is another verse  Mark 11:25 (KJV) And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. I should pray believing what I ask. But I should also be willing to forgive others. Jesus Christ forgave others. We read of the way He was treated, Isaiah tells of what mankind will do to the Son of God. 

Isaiah 50:6 (KJV) I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.  Picture yourself if someone was to spit in your face. Forget the beatings and your facial hair being pulled out and the shame. Would you forgive those who did such to you? Jesus said for us to FORGIVE. If I  see just those 3-things and ask myself, Do I believe I should PRAY! Do I believe that when I pray I should BELIEVE that God can answer my Prayer. But am I willing to FORGIVE others after they have wronged me? Do you think that forgiving is forgetting? So I asked myself when God forgave me of all my sins, passed, present and future did He forget? Does God forget? If we make God to be like you and I then the answer would be yes. If God can forget then He might forget about me and you too, where in the world would that leave us?  Hebrews 8:12 (KJV) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. It did read FORGET. No it read REMEMBER. There are things that have happened to me and I have a choice to forgive or remember. Forgive is not to Forget but it is a choice not to keep bringing it up. My children disappointed me many times and I, as their dad forgave them. But I didn’t stop there. I refused to remember what they did to the point of almost forgetting about what they did. God could if He wanted to bring up every detail of my sin but He chooses not to bring them up. So God says I want you to do that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment