Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Joy Robbed

Mark 11:21 (KJV) And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

When I read this verse the words of Peter “calling to remembrance” I thought of a song by Tommy Walker titled “We will Remember.” He says in that song 

You're our creator, our life sustainer

Deliverer, our comfort, our joy

Throughout the ages You've been our shelter

Our peace in the midst of the storm

With signs and wonders You've shown Your power

With precious blood You showed us Your grace

You've been our helper, our liberator

The giver of life with no end 

We will remember, we will remember”  

He goes on and sings 

When we walk through life's darkest valleys

We will look back at all You have done

And we will shout, our God is good

And He is the faithful One

I thought of Psalms 77:11 (KJV) I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. Like Peter, are we too calling to remembrance the things our God has done for us in the past?  As the song continues 

I still remember the day You saved me

The day I heard You call out my name

You said You loved me and would never leave me

And I've never been the same

Can you identify with those words? The day He Saved You! Oh what a day. Then the proof beyond that day “I’ve never been the same.”  Hallelujah! But don’t let all the things God has done for you be a memory. Let it be an everyday reminder. Don’t let Psalms 106 happen. This Psalms starts off  Praise and Thanks and the Goodness of God. For 5 verses God is great and in verse 6 it all falls apart “We have sinned ” yeah, that will do it every time. Rob you of your Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment