Friday, December 8, 2023

What A Story To Tell

Mark 10:32 Jesus and His disciples head toward Jerusalem they go through  Jericho. When Jesus and His disciples get close to Jerusalem they stop.

Mark 11:1 (KJV) And when they came nigh to Jerusalem, unto Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount of Olives, he sendeth forth two of his disciples, 

Jesus sends 2 of His disciples with instructions. Jesus tells them where to go, what to do and if anyone asks question’s Jesus tells them what to say. I don’t know which two but my guest would be two of three Peter, James and John. The task Jesus asks these two men to do shows great maturity for they never asked questions like they had in the past. But this time they just obeyed which shows great maturity.  Mark 11:2 (KJV) And saith unto them, Go your way into the village over against you: and as soon as ye be entered into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon never man sat; loose him, and bring him. Jesus told them where to go “the village” How to get to what He wanted them to do “as ye be entered into it” What to look for “ye shall find a colt tied” What to do with what they found “loose him, and bring him. Get the picture, Jesus tells these men to go to someone's barn and there you will find a colt of a donkey they have tied up. What I want you boys to do is untie that colt and bring it back to Me. These two disciples didn’t have one question about doing that 🫣🤫  Jesus said oh there’s one last thing if someone says something like “what are you guys think you're doing? Just tell them that the Lord needs your colt and they won’t have any problem with you taking it.” Now that’s grounds to get yourself killed and these two disciples had no questions about what they were asked to do. 

Mark 11:3 (KJV) And if any man say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him hither.

Things are about to get interesting. In verse 4 we read that these two disciples did like Jesus asked they went, they left. It appears to me that these two guys have been sent to somebody’s farm to steal a donkey. I hate to say it but they didn’t even have one question about what they were asked to do.

Mark 11:4 (KJV) And they went their way, and found the colt tied by the door without in a place where two ways met; and they loose him. Here they are at the farm. They walk right up, they don’t say a word to anyone, they untie another persons colt and began to walk away with it. What doesn’t seem right about what they are doing? They are busted, wait just a minute there fellows, what do you think you’re doing? Mark 11:5 (KJV) And certain of them that stood there said unto them, What do ye, loosing the colt?

If this had been me I think I would have been a little fearful about what the Lord had asked me to do. But not only that I think I would have been praying all the way “Please God let me do this without any questions asked by the owner of the colt.” I know my heart rate would have been high, my palms would have been sweaty and I would have been a nervous wreck. I’m not sure but these disciples may have felt the same way. As these disciples were walking away and being asked what they thought they were doing. They said what Jeues told them to say Mark 11:6 (KJV) And they said unto them even as Jesus had commanded: and they let them go. Man, what a story they have to tell and so will you and I if we do as the Lord asks us to do. It will be fearful at times, we may have a ton of questions but I want to be a good servant and do what the Lord wants me to do. I hope you do too because a lot is depending on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment