Saturday, December 2, 2023

What Question RU Asking?


Mark 10:26 (KJV) And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

What a question “Who then can be saved” The older one gets the more they think about, is there a place called heaven? Will I go? If you asked yourself Will I go? That means you don’t know. I talked with a 73 year old man not long ago and he told me that he had just gotten baptized. The next words out of his mouth were “I’m glad I have gotten that behind me.” May I tell you that being baptized will not give you access to heaven, that’s not the door nor the way!! Jesus said in  John 10:9 (KJV) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Can water in any form wash away sin? NO! But it is a perfect picture of what happened to you. 

Romans 6:4 (KJV) Therefore we are buried with him  (Jesus) by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

So the question is “Who then can be saved” answer anyone that sees themself as a sinner and repents. How simple can that be? Then why on earth do we make it so hard? John the Baptist saw it  

John 1:29 (KJV) The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

It is not how good we are or think we are.  

Mark 10:18 (KJV) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

I will never be or will you be good enough to go to heaven. Why is that? Because we were all born sinners and we had no choice. No one ever had to teach me to do wrong. Watch any child and you will soon see selfishness. It’s mine, you will hear them say it with tears in their eyes. We do the same but on a much bigger scale. Sin just comes natural because we are sinners naturally. Did your mom and dad take time to teach you to lie? Take that which doesn’t belong to you? Of course not those things just come naturally. So “Who then can be saved?” YOU CAN. In Acts 16 we read of a man who was making sure that the prisoners of the jail did not escape. But one night after an earthquake he took his sword and was about to commit suicde. Because he thought all the prisoners had escaped. But the Apostle Paul yelled out, don't do that, we are all here. At that point this jailer asked a question and it wasn’t “Who then can be saved” Read it

Acts 16:30 (KJV) And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? It was “what must I do to be saved?” The answer verse 31-“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved

So what question are you asking? Who can be Saved? or What must I do to be Saved?

Mark 10:27 (KJV) And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

It’s not what we can do “With men it is impossible” it takes God “but not with God: for with God all things are possible.”  


No comments:

Post a Comment