Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Germs

I want you to read this, when I read It I said my joy does affect others. There's recent research that there are some happy germs that people spread around, too. One article said: "We can catch happiness from friends and family members like an emotional virus. The research shows that every happy person in your social network increases your own chance of cheer by 9% and those effects can last up to one year. When someone gets happy, that person's friend experiences a 25% increased chance of becoming happy, and at least two more friends will be affected—happy germs! Would you agree that being happy brings joy into our lives? For when one is happy they are very joyful. Jesus while He spent the last few hours with His disciples before He would be taken, jailed, judged and then crucified shared how to have joy. John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:11
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and
that your joy might be full.
Did you see it? Jesus said "these things have I spoken unto you disciples that MY JOY might remain in you." The reason being that YOUR JOY might be full because of My Joy! As I tried to take all this in about how my being happy {joyful} affects others and increases their happiness by 25% could that figure be reversed? If I am sad will it affect 25% of the people in my social network? Do you remember reading about God's people when they arrived at the Red Sea? Pharaoh's army was coming up behind them and there was no place to go. I love what the Lord said unto Moses Exodus 14:15
And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
Do what? Go forward! It looked impossible, water in front of them. So what looked impossible to man God opened up a way. But this is not the best part but we won't read about it until the next chapter. In Exodus 15 we see a happy people and it began to rub off on others. Exodus 15:1
Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.

Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Happiness affects others as it brings out songs of joy and our joy always affects others Exodus 15:20
And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.
Did you see it? One woman's happiness affected all the women. So put a smile on your face and let the joy of the Lord shine out into our happy life and let it affect those you will be around today. Spread those happy germs for they could last a year.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment