Friday, November 20, 2009

I Don’t Know

I read this and thought it was funny but the sad thing about it is many don't know. I overheard some four- and five-year-old children following their teacher in a familiar cheer. "Give me a J," cheered the teacher. "J," yelled the children. "Give me an "E" encouraged the teacher. "E," yelled the children. The teacher continued, "Give me an "S." "S," chorused the children. Their voices grew louder as the teacher led them to the final letters of "U" and "S." Together they said J-E-S-U-S! With excitement rising, the teacher shouted, "What's that spell?" A strange pause followed and one child finally answered, "I don't know." That reminds me that there are a lot of things I don't know. You may be able to get me excited and even cheer along with you just as those kids did with their teacher; but they didn't know what they were spelling. There are some things I do know. My wife can come into a room full of people and if I have said something or done something I shouldn't have with a smile on her face she can look at me and with her eyes she can speak words clearly understood by me. Why? Because I know her! I can see her coming in a crowd of people and recognize her; Why? Because I know her! I can also read my Bible and the Lord can speak to me loud and clear and I can understand clearly what He is saying; Why? Because I know Him! I can be talking with someone and the Lord can tell me to have a word of prayer with them and I can understand clearly what He is telling me; Why? Because I know Him! To know someone you have to spend time with them. If you don't spend time with your wife you'll never know her. If you don't spend time with your children you'll never know them. If you don't spend time in your Bible and Prayer then you'll never know Jesus either. You may be able to sing the song and know what it spells and still not know Jesus. Paul said it like this; 2Timothy 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

John said it like this;

1John 2:3
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. Know what? We can only share what we know. I am so glad I know HIM but better than that I'm glad He knows me!

No comments:

Post a Comment