Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ice Cream

I can remember the times my dad would take me and my brother out for ice cream after Church. Back then there were no Baskin Robins, Brewster's or any other designer ice cream stores, back then it was the soda fountain at the drug store. I think I might have even prayed to God that dad would take us by the drug store for ice cream. You might think what a silly prayer; God has more important things on His mind than a small boy getting ice cream. Really! To an 8 year old boy and his 6-year old brother that is pretty important stuff and I can't say for sure but a time or two I think I heard God tell me to get chocolate. Now you may say that's just a child thinking and you are right we were children of my dad. But before you get too bent over in laughter read this Romans 8:16
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:


1John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

1John 2:28
And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

1John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Don't know if you noticed that we are called "God's Children" and if you noticed there was no age put on that word children. I am glad to be called one of God's children and you know what else I have discovered? That God just sometimes gives us the desires of our heart.


Mark 11:24
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
When I was 8 my desire was for ice cream; I don't pray for ice cream anymore for that's not the desire of my heart, my desire is much deeper. Now I pray for people with problems; all kinds of problems and sometimes those problems take them out of this life. I use to wonder why when someone would ask for prayer about a health problem they were having and I would with desire pray and then that person would soon close their eyes in death. Then one day I read this

Psalms 103:1
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Psalms 103:2
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psalms 103:3
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Sometimes God heals our diseases by death so don't forget all his benefits. Death is not a bad thing; Paul said this about death and he didn't sound worry about it all.

2Corthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Philippians 1:23
For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

2Timothy 4:6
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

2Timothy 4:7
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
If God will answer a 8 year old boys prayer about ice cream don't you think he'll answer yours? So what are you praying for? What's the desire of your heart? Go to the one that can help you in your time of need.


Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment