Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Teaching the Trainable

For a few years now I have been keeping a spiritual journal from the book of Proverbs. The book of Proverbs is a book of wisdom and I thought if I wanted to be wiser then it wouldn’t hurt if I study in a book that would do such a thing. I want to share with you today from my journal how that God years before you and I were born has clearly written and given us instructions to help us in our time years before our time. We live in a day that is filled with sex as it paints a picture of satisfaction. Ads on TV are filled with sex as they promote a product, magazines and their glossy pictures fill the checkout lines. Bill boards with their almost revealing eye catching ads, restaurants which have a catchy sexy ring by their name; I am sure you have a clear understanding of what I am talking about. What does the Bible have to say about such things and how are you and I to act with so much in view? In Proverbs six we are told
Proverbs 6:20 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: (The law - The word of God, which thy parents delivered to thee.) Could this possibly mean that we as the parents are to teach our children from God’s Word how to be over comers of such? I believe that is exactly what we are to do. Read the next verse
Proverbs 6:21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, (fasten them on your heart forever) and tie them about thy neck. What is the reason for that?
Proverbs 6:22 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. First these commandments, the Biblical teaching of our parents should be in our heart so that they are leading us when we go; when we are a sleep they will keep us. Could this mean a clear conscious? When we are awake our heart will speak to us so that we might not be trapped by the dangers that are out there. Then we can teach our children; remember we can’t teach what we don’t know ourselves. This is the way the Apostle Paul taught
Philippians 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. Practice what you've learned and received from me, what you heard and saw me do. In Chapters 7 we are warned again how to keep from the oncoming dangers that we will face. Don’t you just love the way it starts off “My son.”
Proverbs 7:1 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee
Proverbs 7:2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
Here is why it is so important to teach as well as to learn because the test is coming.
Proverbs 7:9 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:
Proverbs 7:10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.
This woman has an ulterior motive she will use her beauty and her body to catch you off guard that is why we are warned to keep the commandments and live.
Proverbs 7:13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,
Proverbs 7:14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.
Proverbs 7:15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.
She put the bait out and he takes it without ever allowing Gods Word to make an expression on what he is about to do; he listened to the wrong voice and followed it. It’s all fun until it’s over and the horror of what was done sets in and there is no undoing it. That is why we are told to keep the commandment and live and the law as the apple of our eye because she is coming dressed as a prostitute revealing things we shouldn’t be looking at and her talk will be so convincing if we look and listen we will lose.
Proverbs 7:25 Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.
Proverbs 7:26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.
It’s not by your power it’s by His power. This works both ways with females just as it does with males remember we are in a war and we best be prepared to stand our ground. Without the power of the Gospel I will become weak just as Samson did and I too when it’s over will stand without the power of God. Oh may that day be far from me is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment