Thursday, August 11, 2011

One Day


 As I sit in my Study or Office where I spend a lot of my time there are four things hanging on the wall over my desk that I am thankful for. There is an Honorable Discharge from the military issued to me on August 25, 1972 after four years of service; it reminds me of the time and places where I learned how to discipline my life and obey those over me and learn something about leadership. I’m grateful for those days and thankful that I had the privilege to return home for many didn’t.  There is a Certificate of Ordination where seven men who not only put confidence in me but were willing to sign their names to that effect and there is a Degree from Immanuel Baptist Theological Seminary which I received on May 20, 1989. It was there I learned how to better serve the Lord and learned from great teachers the fundamentals of the Faith which is in Christ Jesus.  There is also a Certificate of Appreciation which I and my wonderful wife received from our oldest son when he graduated from Southern College of Technology; I look at that the most and will never forget that day and what he means to his mother and I. As I view those things there is one thing that sticks out in my mind, God gave me the ability as well as the gifts He bestowed upon me to make it all possible.  Without one day in my life none of what I just wrote would have ever happened. I have a wonderful wife that I love with all my heart, there is not a day that goes by that I don’t tell her I love her as well as think of her often during the day. The Lord has allowed her us to have 3-wonderful children, 5-grandchildren, 2-step grandchildren that we love very much and now one great grandchild; I’m sorry it took me a little while to type that last one for I wasn’t sure I could spell great. All of what I have told this far are the results of a wonderful life which the Lord has given me all because of one day that changed the direction of my life.  That one day was a Sunday morning in April of 1973 when I asked the Lord to forgive me of my sins; and you know what? He did.  I have a few things that hang on my wall and remind of great days in my life.  Salvation is not something that can be put upon a wall but it is lived in my life every day for others to see. I want very much to display what the Lord has done for me with thankfulness, honesty and trustworthiness.   1Peter 3:15  But sanctify(purity, make holy) the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope(confidence in a future event) that is in you with meekness and fear:
What’s my hope; confidence in the events that will soon take place?
1John 5:12  He that hath the Son hath lifeand he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
1John 5:13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1John 5:14  And this is the confidence that we have in him(Jesus)
This isn’t Rocket science and you don’t have to be intelligent to understand what is being said; aren’t you glad for that day that changed your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment