Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Good News


An unusually strong magnitude 5.8 earthquake struck near Mineral, Virginia last Tuesday afternoon and sent tremors along the East Coast, which prompted office buildings from Washington D.C. to New York to be evacuated. There were no reports of injury or serious structural damage. Mineral is a town 83 miles from D.C.; a close inspection of the Washington Monument found some cracking in the stones at the top of the Monument and has been closed to the public until the repairs can be made.
As I thought about all the earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, floods and forest fires that cause destruction and death to our property, houses, possessions and family members. I realize that foundations everywhere are shook, cracked and destroyed and sadness fills our land. I have good news today though; you may not be able to go into the Washington monument because of cracks and buildings all over D.C. and Virginia have been closed. The good news is that the foundation of Jesus Christ is still standing without cracks.
2Timothy 2:19  Nevertheless the foundation of God standout sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
1Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
One may not be able to enter the Washington Monument but one may enter into the throne room of God’s grace and bring our request to Him.
Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. We may come unto the Lord with our prayer request for He is sure and steadfast without blemish; merciful and full of grace. The winds may blow, the tree may bend and sway and the water may flow higher and higher but our God is our Tower, our Rock, our Deliverer and Strength.
Psalms 18:2  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
When we look around us and hear of awful things going on at home as well as far away we can look up
Psalms 121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
Psalms 121:2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
Psalms 121:3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Is that not good news?

No comments:

Post a Comment