Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Finger Printed

 My wife read me a story that she received by email. It was about a lady that had all kinds of Christian sayings on the back of her car. For instance "what would Jesus do?" and "Follow me to Sunday School!" I think you get the idea. She approached a turning light hoping she could get under it before it changed. It was not to be for there was a man in front of her that decided to stop for the light. At that point this lady started yelling and waving her hands in frustration; she was just all upset. That is when she heard a tap at her window; it was a police officer. He asked her to get out of her vehicle and proceeded to handcuff her and take her down to the Police Station where she was then finger printed, a mug shot taken and locked up. After a few hours she was set free and the police officer told her had made a mistake. I hope you understand; after reading the verbiage all over your vehicle I was sure that this vehicle must be stolen. I am sorry my assumption was wrong.  After she had read that to me I was reminded of the day that happened to me. I used to wear a pin; don't remember what it read but the day came I took it off because of my actions. I learned something that day and it was I don't need a pin or a sticker on my vehicle to let others know who I represent. I just need to let my life and actions speak for themselves for I'm an ambassador for Christ not perfect just one that represents the Lord Jesus Christ in my life. Nothing wrong with a pin or a sticker but there is much more than that and that’s living each day for the Lord and a pin or a sticker will not help me there. I realized that day that no matter how hard I think I have overcame the flesh it is still there and it may just rise up when things go wrong.
Romans 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Romans 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. If the Apostle Paul had problems with his flesh then it should not be a surprise that I should have some of the same problems with my flesh. So when you or I think that we have become the super Christian then it may be time for us to see that we’re not where we think we are.  

2 comments:

  1. The first few weeks of the Two Penny Carousel have been pretty much awesome. I think the best part of making custom stickers so far is coming up with fun and quirky characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems to be a great site which offers Bumper Stickers, Custom Stickers, Custom Vinyl Decals, Vinyl Stickers, Vinyl Decals, Custom Vinyl Decals And Custom Sticker Printing...i had been relying on Thebumpersticker.com earlier and they offered good stuff. You will be glad to work with them.

    ReplyDelete