Monday, January 23, 2012

Problem


The problem was so large that I couldn’t come up with an answer in my little tin cup mind. I know what I’ll do I’ll call someone much wiser that I; but no one I called answered their phone. I remember feeling so discouraged and helpless; I remember going to a Wendy’s restaurant getting a small frosty and sitting on the outside wall. There I asked God what shall I do about this matter please speak to my heart and let me know what to do. He did and it all worked out perfectly and God let me know that it was by His hand. I have thought back on that day many times, God didn’t allow me to get any advice, He made sure no one answered their phones that day, He wanted me to come to Him and He wanted me to see His mighty hand at work. For as the song says;

Above all, you can ask or think According to, power That worketh through you and me
God is able to do just what he said he would do
He's gonna fullfill every promise to you
Don't give up on God, cause he won't give up on you
He's Able”

That’s the problem that Joshua faced; Jericho was shut up and no one went in and no one came out.
Joshua 6:1  Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.
Joshua 6:2  And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.  God tells Joshua that He wants them to overtake Jericho. Now from man’s point of view here is a problem that is impossible.
Joshua 5:6  For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD sware that he would not shew them the land, which the LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey. Ok, God says I want you to take a city that is well able to fight because it has soldiers. The children of Israel had walked 40 years in the wilderness and now all the soldiers were dead. God asked Joshua to take a well protected city that has men well able to fight with men who were not soldiers and knew nothing about battle. Now that’s a problem; if you look at it from man’s point of view. God in no way wants His people to think that they have done this on their own and on tomorrow we see the plan that only God could make work. I hope you have a blessed week and be kind to one another.
Ephesians 4:32  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Don’t forget what Christ has done for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment