Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Blind πŸ‘©‍πŸ¦―πŸ§‘‍🦯

Mark 8:22 (KJV) And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.  Jesus Heals a Blind Man at Bethsaida and after He does he gives him instructions not to tell anyone in the town. 

Mark 8:26 (KJV) And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town. Here’s a man who had been blind and now there’s a noticeable difference about him. Jesus tells him not to tell anyone in the town. You don’t have to run into town like the woman at the well did in John 4 John 4:29 (KJV) Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? We are all different but no one who has had an encounter with Jesus Christ will be without a very noticeable difference. I know there other things that this scripture in the book of Mark could easily apply itself too. One being when a person who was blind to what Christ has done sees that He did it just for you. Your eyes that were blind now can see. You who never spoke without using 4 letter words to express yourself, your vocabulary changes. There will be those who notice that without you saying a word. This blind man of chapter 8 was blind but now he sees. There was a time in my life that I was blind to anything spiritual. Open a Bible and I had no idea of what I was looking at. In 1970 I had orders to go where I didn’t want to go. I had only been married for 6 months and now I’m in some God forsaken place. For the first time in my life I found a Bible and opened it. It was a Gideon Bible, but I had no understanding of what I was looking at. I was blind to it. I soon got with my unit and things got better and I continued on in my spiritually blind condition. I’m grateful today that in my spiritual blindness nothing happened to me and I was able to come back home. But I was still blind until 18 months later I once again needed direction and this time I went to a Church. My wife had left me, gone! and she took our child with her. God had brought me to a place of brokenness so He could do a work in my life. On a Sunday morning The Lord opened my eyes and showed me I was a sinner. I asked God to save me and He did. I left that church that Sunday morning with a noticeable difference that others noticed, that day. Today there’s still a noticeable difference in the way I talk, live, walk oh yes I can say I once was blind but now I see. You don’t have to tell others they will know! Lately I have been thinking about those days of what God has done and how grateful I am I realized that God saved sinners like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment