Sunday, October 22, 2023

We Have No Bread! Chicken or Hog?

Mark 8:16 (KJV) And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread.

As I read of the disciples that Jesus is training to carry on after Jesus is gone. They are now facing  a personal problem. When there was no bread for the 5000 plus Jesus supplied, when there was no bread for the 4000 Jesus supplied. But now there’s not enough bread for 13 people. As I read I said within myself “you bunch of faithless guys.” Then the Lord brought this song to my mind “It Is No Secret” in that song the chorus rings out “It is no secret what God can do

What He's done for others

He'll do for you

With arms wide open

He'll pardon you

It is no secret what God can do Then I thought of what I had heard the Airline Stewardess say on many occasions. “If we lose oxygen put your oxygen mask on first,” before helping others.”

Why? I have a 2 year old here. I'll make sure they have oxygen first. Yes, and you both might die. A lot of things raced through my mind. The question rings out. I have seen what the Lord has done for others but it’s not others here it’s the disciples. It’s me and you! It’s one loaf of bread, it’s 13 people. Can the God who did it for others do the same for me and you? That is a different story. It is more like the chicken and the hog; the chicken said to the hog let’s you and I do something for the nice people at the church. The hog said that is a good idea, what did you have in mind? The chicken said let’s give them a big breakfast!  Great, the hog said. Good the chicken said I’ll furnish all the eggs and you can furnish all the bacon and sausage. Did you see yourself as a chicken or a hog? It was great to see The Lord work in the lives of others. But it’s not others now, it's personal. As I see the enemy approaching me, the one I have fought so hard against. I have seen so many lose to its overpowering everything and now no matter how hard I fight I’m losing to the enemy of old age. It’s not someone else, it's me! Those things I once could do with no problem I either can’t do them or it takes me 5 times as long to do them. I go to the VA and they ask me this question every time “have you had thoughts of harming yourself?” In other words, have you thought about killing yourself? No but I have had thoughts of why my body is killing me. I’m wounded in the battle of life as I quickly drag myself to a chair for safety and cry out broken arrow. That’s a military term, used in Vietnam that means you are being overrun by the enemy, send all available aircraft NOW?  I think I’m going to say that next time when asked that question, they won’t have a clue to what I’m talking about. Lol 🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment