Friday, October 20, 2023

No Sign

Mark 8:11 (KJV) And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking of him a sign from heaven, tempting him.

Seeking a sign???  Tempting Jesus! Really guys. These Pharisees came without a desire to be taught by Jesus. You know why? They didn’t believe in Him. Their main purpose was only to ensnare Jesus. That’s what temptation does, it ensnare, it entangles, it exposes, they want to witness something extraordinary. That’s what some are looking for even today. I was in a home with another person one evening when I asked a lady to tell me how she knew she was going to heaven. She told me of a night sitting in her bedroom when all of a sudden she felt as if warm oil was being poured all over her. She said it was a sign from heaven. Let me be honest I’m not looking for signs,i I would rather see proof. The young man or woman whose life changed completely. 

2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Mark 5:8 (KJV) For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

Mark 5:15 (KJV) And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid

Jesus said “Why seek after a sign? Not long ago a man I have known for many years came to me and with tears in his eyes he said “I this day before God want to apologize and ask for your forgiveness of all that I did years ago.” God had dealt with this man’s heart. Although I didn’t feel as if he owed me an apology, for I never quit being his friend. But on that day he came, spoke his heart and we shook hands and with a big smile on his face he said “thank you I have wanted to do that for a long time.” That my friend is proof of a greater power living 

within and that’s better than a sign. Why? It’s personal. Jesus said no sign and He left them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment